03-16-2024, 11:47 AM   #26
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
I'm with you on the buttons thing too Snareman. Gimme real buttons. The screen button stuff can stay, but only if the physical buttons are there too. I like the center screens but only if they are covered.
In some of the video's I've seen the reviewer was pointing stuff out on the screen and the light was glaring it unreadable mostly. Some of the screen was clear but the parts getting direct sun was very hard to see.
Same with the angled center screens.
For me anyway that large uncovered screen is a deal breaker. I could not buy one of those designs.
So many times I've been excited to see this or that car and, boom, it has a flat screen uncovered. Interest drops to zero.
Some of the reviewers feel the same way as me. YUCK !
Oh, I'm not saying everyone is in love with it, just that many of the people that hate it are people like me who have really never actually used it for any extended period of time. I'm surprised several iterations, years and cars in that BMW hasn't improved the design to make it more integrated. I'll likely eventually get a new X3 and it seems that its the same design on the interior of that, to BMW isn't making much headway in improvements there.
Appreciate 0