View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 11:42 AM   #25
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I do wish they would give them a more integrated look as opposed to just a screen on stilts sticking off the dash. I haven't had a glare problem with my iDrive screen now or in the few ID8 cars I've test drove. As much as I don't think I want one and want to keep my physical buttons, if you read the reviews of the people that have actually owned them for awhile they actually seem to not mind and like them.
I'm with you on the buttons thing too Snareman. Gimme real buttons. The screen button stuff can stay, but only if the physical buttons are there too. I like the center screens but only if they are covered.
In some of the video's I've seen the reviewer was pointing stuff out on the screen and the light was glaring it unreadable mostly. Some of the screen was clear but the parts getting direct sun was very hard to see.
Same with the angled center screens.
For me anyway that large uncovered screen is a deal breaker. I could not buy one of those designs.
So many times I've been excited to see this or that car and, boom, it has a flat screen uncovered. Interest drops to zero.
Some of the reviewers feel the same way as me. YUCK !
Appreciate 1
snareman9175.50