05-31-2019, 08:04 AM   #27
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
I can only comment on the Honda CB500F as it is the only one on your list that I have owned. It is a fantastic starter bike and as comfortable as that style of bike can be. Unfortunately that's all it really is, a starter bike. I owned it for only 6 months before trading it in for something with a bit more power. If you are trying to stay around that price range I think it will serve you well. If you want a bike that is the same style and is going to keep you satisfied long-term I would recommend one from the list below.

Harley Sportster Roadster
Ducati Monster
Ducati Streetfighter(this was the last bike I owned and absolutely loved it)
Indian Scout Bobber
BMW R9T
BMW S1000R(not the RR)
Triumph speed
Suzuki SV650
You really want to recommend bikes like the Duc Monster, Streetfighter, 100+ hp super bikes to a guy who says he’s just a novice, wants a bike solely to deal with traffic, not looking to be a fast rider? Bikes like that are for very experienced riders looking to ride aggressively and double duty on the track.
Even your other choices are highly questionable and potentially very dangerous for a novice looking for basic 2 wheel transportation.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50