10-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #12
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Believe me, it's not for lack of desire that I wouldn't get it. I'll have to see what the payments come out to when I finally officially get down to the numbers. I'm already jumping $20,000 in price for my current car. Jumping $38,000 is a big step. Maybe the lease numbers will work out favorably though when I get down to it.
I completely understand as the emotional desire often gets in front of the affordability reality. However, many fiscal obligations all come well in advance of a fun car to drive. That said given the paid off M4 lease you may want to sit on the sidelines as the entire 8-series plays out in the market. We all know the BMW FS residual values are asinine so if anything in a year you can get a 2019 M850i CPO optioned equivalent to a 2020/2021 (minus the iOS Digital Key) at a fantastic price.

Granted this advice comes from a traditional buy and hold car buyer (the sports sedan the M850i replaced was 13 years old). That said I too like shiny new objects but I've primarily invested in a different vice that comes along with a 30% depreciation for some purchases but that is squelched by the value gain of the others. The M850i is my first foray into the leasing world and it will likely be my last. I'll either buy it out or do another traditional buy and hold purchase on a car I know will take me through a minimum of 8-years of trouble free driving.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 10-23-2020 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
snareman9051.50