02-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #3
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
I honestly was a bit hesitant to open the hood (haven't done so to date) given the discussions on another thread or two regarding issues properly closing. However, since you have helped me and others so much on this forum I went out to the garage to check and help verify.

In the process of doing so I believe we've identified another difference between the 2019 and 2020 M850i's in regards to closing the hood. Pulling from my musical career colloquialisms just like Barbara Streisand's voice which is "smooth as butter" closing the hood was the same experience (no slamming required).

That said I too have exposed wires, i.e., the covering harness does not extend all of the way. Out of curiosity I've included both a full shot of the engine (to see how it compares to the 2019s) as well as a close up of the wiring of subject near the reservoir.
Always a pleasure to help others when i can (as do you) and thanks very much.
I had a feeling having to forcefully slam the hood makes no sense in a well engineered vehicle and this is the first euro car I've had to do this to. Although I do believe another 20 owner posted he had to slam his as well. Barbara's secret is she has a large intake manifold lol
All else looks the same 19 to 20.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0