View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #59
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Both your comments about the Carrera and the LF A talk about looks. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's purely subjective and there will never be full agreement amongst the masses. I personally love the Panamera but know many who think it looks like ass. The 458 is "nice" but not a design homerun by any stretch.

The 911 is one of the most iconic sports cars of all time. I think Porsche knows where the engine should be.

This whole 6MT argument is lame. Even the best drivers will make a mistake once in a while. The new DCT/PDK's are flat out faster than the manuals and never, ever miss. The argument that they are less engaging is ridiculous. Go drive a supercar with paddles and I'm sure you won't miss the manual tranny at all. They're hard enough to handle without the third pedal making it even more difficult.

Btw, why would you have bought a Pana if you're so pro-6MT since they're only offered with PDK?
Because some of us have families, and they cannot drive 6MT -- plus there is traffic. Anyways, Panamera aside -- its a familiy car, grocery getting, and drives to work its not a 458 Italia!

6MT is more about the feel, I know 6MT isn't the best way around a track -- but it feels fun -- I see the problem though, that engine is so fast it could be a problem.

I dish it out equally -- I still feel for the price, the 911 should look better; it looks like an excited frog! But it feels great and has the most soul of any car in that range, if only it looked as exciting as an R8 it would be a home run!

Like I said, think the LFA is amazing, a great car no doubt! The overall package just doesn't appeal as much as some others. I haven't driven one, so I can't comment there; I'm commenting more from a brand, exclusivity, and aesthetic POV. If the performance is that good, maybe it is worth it!

I personally love Lexus (from a Luxury POV)...one day I'd like to buy the wife an IS or GS or whatever, so long as I never have to drive it . But an LS460 -- I'll drive that anyday! Its like being on a plane, the thing just coddles you on air
Appreciate 0