02-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #50
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
As a sports car -- should engage you visually and excite you, connect with you, among other things.

This is my one issue with the Porsche Carerra - it looks bloody ugly for the price, the engine is in the wrong spot...but it drives like a dream! We have the panamera, its its quite nice.

I don't know much about the LFA -- but visually it just isn't there. Its engine though from the vids i've seen...would be a beauty to have 6MT. Alas, its a paddle shiftty.

Both your comments about the Carrera and the LF A talk about looks. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's purely subjective and there will never be full agreement amongst the masses. I personally love the Panamera but know many who think it looks like ass. The 458 is "nice" but not a design homerun by any stretch.

The 911 is one of the most iconic sports cars of all time. I think Porsche knows where the engine should be.

This whole 6MT argument is lame. Even the best drivers will make a mistake once in a while. The new DCT/PDK's are flat out faster than the manuals and never, ever miss. The argument that they are less engaging is ridiculous. Go drive a supercar with paddles and I'm sure you won't miss the manual tranny at all. They're hard enough to handle without the third pedal making it even more difficult.

Btw, why would you have bought a Pana if you're so pro-6MT since they're only offered with PDK?
Appreciate 0