View Single Post
      03-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #92
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
The 997 is not a superior sports car. The M3 out accelerates, out brakes, and out handles it. Namely the 07 mentioned here which doesn't have an LSD. Doing it with a usable back seat and trunk isn't a liability, but a benefit. Even if you go by the 09, which Car and Driver did, the M3 beat it around the track. What does that tell you?

The M3 also is 4/10's off the 997 TURBO around Laguna Seca. Considering the 911 turbo has much more power, where is the M3 making up the ground? In the turns. People don't realize on just what level the M3 is handling wise.

Come to whatever conclusion you want, I know how it actually is, I've done it.
Yikes, I'm beginning to lose some respect for you sticky......

1) M3 brakes are from the age of dinosaurs. Even BMW admits it; changes are under way.
2) Car and Driver?
3) Um, you've done it once. And you weren't exactly error-free last time at Fomosa.

Hey look, appreciate your car but don't try to boost your own personal choice of vehicles by denigrating the competition. There's really no point in that. If you actually engineered the M3 rather than just handing over your cash to buy one, then it would be a different story.....
Appreciate 0