View Single Post
      12-21-2021, 12:32 AM   #15
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw99 View Post
Since we have a couple of admitted audiophiles in the thread, can someone recommend the simplest way to make a high-quality source for audio played on the Bowers and Wilkins system?

Is there a simple way to build a USB drive from Prime music, for instance? Alternatively, what’s the least expensive online service with a broad popular catalog that can be used to make high quality media for the car?

TIA for your suggestions. “Simple” is key
In my home systems I have several Bluetooth receivers.
I CAN'T believe how good the signal from my phone is to them. I've Bluetooth-ed a streaming service over the system from my phone and it sounds amazing. I sit there and think.....not even a wire and it sounds amazing. I have no idea how Bluetooth works and don't care really.
The fidelity is so good you can't hear a flaw on a very high system.
I blows me away. It's as if the CD player is going. Now in a mobile setting such as a car I have less experience.
Now onto the car part. Of course you can load a Stick with tons of music and simply plug it into the car. Now you have a selection of music at your fingertips.
Or use the apple car play or Android auto from you phone if you have music on it.
If your in a city type area you may be able to live steam to your phone and listen to that. So many of those type services now to choose from on the internet. But for this you need good local internet to make it decent. Plus a huge plan for data.
Or the in car option built in like Sirius.
Or download some from the internet.....ahem such as pirate bay. All the music there you could ever listen too. Even high end Flac files
Appreciate 0