View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #26
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The problem is that it has become a political argument instead of a practical one. There's too much politics involved to make an informed choice anymore because even the facts themselves are skewed for political goals. As almost always, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Problem is, we have to weigh human life vs quality of life, and when things go wrong people look for who to blame instead on focusing on what to do next.

Keep in mind that Orange County is significantly republican and it's has been a battleground for Dems and Reps to prove a point rather than solve a problem. Open it up and infection goes up, Newsom gets blamed. Keep it closed and the economy suffers, Newsom gets blamed. Open it up and the economy improves, Newsom gets blamed for not doing it sooner and the Republicans get a bonus "told you so". There is little down side for the GOP because all positive outcomes can be attributed to local representatives, while all blame can be placed on the state government. That is the advantage of not being in the position of making the tough decisions.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But I digress. Politics sub is gone and this isn't appropriate for the forum. However, when attacking a large group of people for "ruining" a state with the biggest successful economy in the US from a distance without sufficient perspective, I think it's fair to provide a different POV. Too much finger pointing and vitriol going on. This is the UNITED states. Ostracizing people because of where they are from instead of who they are.... that's not the America we should aim to be.
It's a mess. If I'm Disney, I announce a long-term plan to leave California. It's crazy, but their state handles things so poorly that I wouldn't risk being there for the next thing. I guarantee you they are looking at all options. It's not so easy to "pack it up" and move out, but anything can be done if California drags its feet for long.
Appreciate 1