02-23-2020, 09:23 PM   #7
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by map153 View Post
I went back and forth on this since my M6 was due in April of this year. I was really close to getting the M5 (lots of solid deals right now) but couldn't stand the idea of missing the LCI by a few months.

Overall my experience is that the owner loyalty credit (if you're eligible) is more aggressive on the "heavy" cars which are the 7s and the 8s and there are different BMW incentive programs each month. For me I got $2k owner loyalty and $3k BMW incentive on the M8.

The residuals on the M850s are decent but recently the M5 is stronger.

If you're between a M5 and a M850 I would wait for the 2021 LCI M5. If I remember correctly there is at least a 4-5% higher residual with the M5 so you get more bang for your buck. Combine that with higher dealer incentives and owner loyalty credit and you are getting a decent deal.

If you can find out the moment they will let you order a 2021 M5 you can "lock" in the program and residual so there aren't any surprises once you put down the deposit. If the programs get better by the time the car lands, most dealers will let you convert the deal to the more attractive rates.

At least that gives you the chance to compare the M850 deal with the 2021 M5 deal and see which one is stronger and then pull the trigger on what you want.
Awesome information and advise!!! That helps my decision making a great deal.

I am leaning towards the M5 LCI. My current lease ends May 13, and my turn-in date is June 20. I had a talk with my sales guy about the idea of waiting to see the M5 LCI instead ordering the M850i in March.

My sales guy is a good friend and will take great care of me on savings - in addition to my loyalty eligibility.

Currently, BMW has a "Flagship" program going on that's month to month. The 8 series is on the list but, not the M5; however, the residual his higher for the M5 giving my sales guy more room to discount.
Appreciate 0