View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #108
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Don't get me started on idiots on their cell phones while driving. I was a victim of one too. I was driving down a road with a single lane going in each direction. Said car was stopped at the light at the intersection I was approaching. Light turns green as I approach the intersection. Said car proceeds through the intersection. Just after clearing the intersection, car begins crossing over the double yellow coming right at me. For a second I thought this fool would realize he/she was coming into oncoming traffic. Nope. So I try to brake and swerve to the right as best I can while also on the horn. I couldn't go to far to the right as there was is a huge snow bank from the previous snow storm. Just before the inevitable bang, I could see right into the car to see a woman staring straight down at her cell phone. She realizes a couple of seconds before the bang what was about to happen. Tries to swerve to her right. Too late. Bang. Head on collision with my car doing about 20 to 30 MPH. And her car doing about the same.

She did a real number on the front driver side corner of my car. I had to climb out of the passenger side. The impact sent the bumper cover of her Corolla flying about 20 feet down the road. I wanted to kill her. Didn't say a word just walked away and called the cops. Cops show up. She admitted to being on her cell phone but also said she couldn't see too clearly through her windshield. Cops cited her with two moving violations.

Second incident with a cell phone that comes to mind was when I was behind this car. The car is swerving all over the place. I see the tell tale sign of idiot driving on their cell phone with the typical head bobbing. During this display of stupidity, I see little hands sticking out the back passenger window. There's a kid in the car! The car is still weaving all over the place. We get to a section of road where there are now two lanes. I drive up right next to the car and yell at the idiot mother if her damn cell phone is more important than her kid. The clue bag stares back at me as if WTF am I talking about?

Licenses in this country get dispensed like lottery tickets.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00