View Single Post
      01-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Driver Profile Gremlin?

Had my first electronic gremlin in the M850i today regarding driver profile recognition. Drove it this morning to the detailer for a maintenance wash and all was well. Drove it from there to the office and same story. However, on the drive home I at first didn't notice an issue as I followed the well baked in process that takes place now without any thought whatsoever: press sport (sets to Individual), press start and put my phone on the wireless charger (watch to make sure JBV1 starts up correctly and connects to my Valentine 1).

As I drove out of the parking lot I realized my iDrive 7 home screen was wrong (basically the default settings). At the first stop light I looked and the Driver Profile was set to Guest. I tried to set it to mine several times but it wouldn't budge. Stopped at the grocery store and on leaving same scenario. The only thing I could think of is an iDrive update so tried to find that setting but under general settings remote update was not showing.

Thought maybe I had the iDrive update setting location wrong so after returning home I checked the forum for the thread on that and sure enough it should have been where I was looking. Just went out to the car and this time it recognized the key properly and had my profile on entry. Checked the remote update under general settings and this time it is a menu option but I'm still at the same iDrive release.

So lesson #1 is iDrive remote update is not available to the guest profile which makes 100% sense. Lesson #2 is I just hit my first gremlin. Took the pics when I first arrived home with yet another failed attempt at setting the profile.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0