View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 08:00 PM   #5
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbiker View Post
There are so many possible choices, ranging from modest mom-and-pop places (or worse), on up to modern motels. Restaurants as well.

If you start on Skyline Drive (immediately north of the BRP), you can camp, or rent cabins, right on or just off of the Drive.

There are motels in or near the major and minor cities along the way: Roanoke, Boone, Asheville, etc. Also there are places in or near the small towns: Spruce Pine, Little Switzerland, and so forth. There are campgrounds as well, although not integrated with the parkway (as far as I know) in the same way as on Skyline Drive.

If you enjoy the twisties, make sure to have fun on the switchbacks that are access roads to the BRP. Some are more fun than others.

The BRP has a maximum speed limit of 45 MPH. In some places it is slower. It is patrolled.

Keep your eye on the weather. One beautiful sunny day, I was riding the BRP on one of my Beemers, headed south of Asheville. All of a sudden I rode into a cloud. I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face. I turned around. There was no reaching the Tail of the Dragon that day.

Enjoy!
I’ve never been to the TOTD but from some videos posted online it looks like a complete free for all with triple digit speeds! Watched a particular Porsche video on this site and no way was it limited to 45mph lol.
Appreciate 0