03-01-2020, 12:03 AM   #20
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
it's a common complaint of modern BMW and Mercedes owners alike. you're going to get wiped and it's going to happen every time you're in for service.
To your point this issue is not solely a BMW issue as at least Mercedes is guilty as well. My issue is this is not a hard nut to crack in today's connected world. I've used Apple and Android as examples of the owner's entire configuration stored in the cloud so when software updates are done nothing is lost. In my last job I drove the same mantra into all of our smart home products so I know what it takes to deliver it. My issue is that this is just pure laziness on the part of BMW and any other car manufacture that does not deliver it.

That said I'll give BMW and anyone else a pass on custom coding done as it is not part of the "approved" configurations for the endpoint. However, last time I checked my driver seat settings, iDrive home screen, etc. are definitely standard configurations. Kudos to BMW as at least they didn't wipe out my media preset choices.
Appreciate 1