02-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #14
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
In regards to #1 Tesla owns the market on Easter eggs in their software, e.g., whoopee cushion fart sounds on demand.

As for #2 there is no way to do so in iDrive 7 and I believe it is that they haven't fully baked in the Connected App driver profile aspect that is obviously a MVP (minimal viable product) release at this point. I would expect it to eventually match Apple/Android profile management that saves all settings to the "Cloud".

As for the 11/2019.55 update just installed on my M850i it wiped out most custom settings and took everything back to factory, e.g., car settings, home screen widgets, etc. I didn't have any custom coding but I'm sure that will be wiped out as well.
I found the same. Profile Export/Import is gone (nor was there any bridging technology between the old and the new... another F'U' from BMW). However, my profile is sync'd to their cloud. What I don't yet know is if I can get a new vehicle to ingest it and act on it accordingly... gimme a week and I'll no doubt be posting my angry FFS BMW response... again.
Appreciate 0