02-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #13
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
Two questions about the mega-software update (Nov. 2019 or I think I've seen references to an even newer update) that I'm not likely to avoid when I bring in the car for service next month:

1. Anything good in there? Any new features or Easter eggs?

2. Regarding the update's evil feature of wiping out all settings, a previous iDrive version had a function that allowed the owner to save and then export/import personal settings. I can't find anything like that in iDrive 7. Anyone see it or have any ideas?
In regards to #1 Tesla owns the market on Easter eggs in their software, e.g., whoopee cushion fart sounds on demand.

As for #2 there is no way to do so in iDrive 7 and I believe it is that they haven't fully baked in the Connected App driver profile aspect that is obviously a MVP (minimal viable product) release at this point. I would expect it to eventually match Apple/Android profile management that saves all settings to the "Cloud".

As for the 11/2019.55 update just installed on my M850i it wiped out most custom settings and took everything back to factory, e.g., car settings, home screen widgets, etc. I didn't have any custom coding but I'm sure that will be wiped out as well.
Appreciate 0