07-20-2023, 10:32 PM   #27
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
July 20th and it's now 13 days in the shop. I stopped by the dealership today and was told that the tech wants to replace the front right radar sensor, but is waiting for BMW approval. BMW (not the dealership) is dragging their ass on this. They asked if I wanted the car back until then, but I declined and will still drive the X3 loaner.

I think this is where I start getting a bit more concerned and have to be careful how I proceed. Whatever happened to a timely repair of a vehicle because 2 weeks is starting to push the limit of my patience. I think taking the car back could be bad if all of a sudden BMW says I accepted the car back so I must have been ok with how it is working. I'm going to have to do my homework now to prepare for the possible outcome that BMW is going to say the car is operating normally and collision sensors may be succeptible to outside interference. We all know that's BS, especially when it's now happening every single day.

There's no lemon laws here in Canada and BMW isn't even a member of CAMVAP. I really do just want the car fixed.

Rob
Rob
Have you asked the dealer to setup an appt for you to meet the BMW after sales rep? This person works for BMW Canada and visits dealers 2-3 times per month (depending on market size). They may be able to assist you better once you have a face to face meeting to discuss your concerns.