KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
My wife is 6 years behind me and will likely work past her eligibility to retire and will be carrying my insurance and supporting me etc. I'll also likely dabble in hobbies that can and do pay for themselves and offer some profit.
Mine is 14 behind me - 51 and still has a lot of her career ahead of her. 5 years ago we sold our 2 homes in metro Phoenix and moved south to Cochise County, to get out of the heat (we're at almost 5000 ft altitude down here) and build a new home on 4 acres. She works from home in a high-ranking IT director position for a major US bank. This allowed me to retire at 59 when we moved down here. Took my Social Security at 62 and that's my "pocket money". I don't have a huge nut in my IRA but between the 2 of us we are in pretty good shape, plus she's still earning relatively big bucks and stashing away cash. Our mortgage payment all-in (taxes & insurance) is around $2k so overhead is stupid-cheap, especially for what we have. My cars are paid for, she drives a new Jetta GLI so the payment on that is cheap. It's been a great situation for both of us.
chad86tsi1605.00