08-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #29
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650 View Post
Resjudicata, unless something has changed, my understanding is that new Ferraris aren't discounted, and MSRP is a "good" price (assuming a dealer will even sell you a car out of their allocation). That seems to still be the case with Florida dealers. Is your experience different?
I went to school with one the "managers" at my local dealership. everyone there is a VP, sales ambassador or sales manager. but my buddy says his title is "Sales Manager".
either way, for my first Ferrari ever, he gave me about 10% off the top, but then added in all sorts of fees. Taxes and title and doc fees in our area get them back close to that 10%. Then he took $130k off for my trade in, and the bottom line was very reasonable for my deal.

I think they used any profit on my F8 spider to get the m850i convertible to sell that for their profits. I imagine that 130k is pure profit, and even 80k or less at auction will be a good profit for them today.

also mine was off the lot, not specifically an allocation custom build. and it had a lot of useless options that are way over priced. But I love the sound it makes, and it's a hardtop.
Appreciate 0