View Single Post
      02-08-2023, 12:40 PM   #104
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
As great as the engineers are to produce this wondrous, physics-defying SUV, I just can't see me ever buying a high-performance SUV. I'd rather get a large, comfortable one (for a lot less money), and save my high-performance dollars for a sports car or at least a sports coupe. Hec, I don't even want to spend money on a high-performance sedan.

But cars and SUVs like this make a great rental using Turo, when you just want to blast around multiple people for a few days in a high-performance appliance. But I never want to own one, they simply don't cure my high-speed fantasies. Too heavy and too isolated for my tastes, and most don't even ride all that well (too stiff). Losing civility and max comfort defeats the purpose of having such a large machine to me.
completely agree.

i think alot of people have to compromise for their wife/kids though. man wants something sporty and suggests a sedan. wife says no and wants an SUV to make it easy to load kids / car seats.

if you live in the city garaged parking spots are expensive. and sometimes you can't even get side by side spots (one car is deep to the other, which is cumbersome). so having two or three cars for yourself is a non starter.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3368.00