07-24-2023, 09:12 PM   #14
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicvii View Post
Thank you for your input! The car is running on the 03/2023 update. The hands free interval on my car used to also be much more than 5 seconds (I’d also say about 10 seconds), but starting from last week I noticed this sudden reduction down to 5 seconds. The wheel is not blocking the camera and I was driving fairly slow around 30-40 mph. Also, I took it to the dealership a month ago to get the front grill swapped and also get the front bumper painted to cover the front plate holes. I can’t say for certain but I feel like ever since that the ACC has been working less well. It doesn’t detect lane as accurately as before, and sometimes when the car in the front changes lane it would just follow that car to the new lane. I should probably get it checked.
Oh bummer as I'm still on 07/2022.85 as 11/2022.60 never has OTA installed. Taking the car in for service tomorrow for a tire issue but also asking for an iDrive update given the OTA failures. I'll likely end up with 03/2023 or possibly 07/2023 as believe it's out now.

Either way depending on the version I'll test out the full driving assistance mode and let you know what hands off the wheel time is with it in place. The paint may have messed up the ACC camera or they didn't pull the bumper before painting or didn't realign the cameras after re-installing.

I say the that as I have a ding in my front bumper I've been living with as it's not really noticeable but did get an estimate from Penske collision after it happened. The bumpers are plastic and with the minimal damage they said they'd just remove the PPF and fill in what was necessary, shape it to match the factory spec (it's a bit of a gouge) and paint blend to match.

Key though as they included labor for dropping the bumper and realigning all cameras if needed. The estimator said the latter may or may not be needed, i.e., the camera alignment after the bumper is reinstalled but included it just for full transparency on the potential total cost which I appreciated.
Appreciate 0