11-19-2015, 01:26 AM   #59
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I believe they run the test at the same time every year and cars that came out since the last test are eligible. If it comes out after the test it is eligible for next years test. If they always waited for some car that was soon to come out they would never have the competition.

Cost is part of the criteria as a car that cost twice as much should be better. This doesn't mean they are trying to make another car "look bad".

You keep saying they let it win, they didn't test the right cars or they didn't wait long enough, what car do you think should have won (of all cars that came out since last Fall and considering price)?

I haven't seen the complete list of cars but the title in the link for the original post is -
Well how can a lowly Camaro SS edge out over a AMG GT S? This is what I found for a list, but its not 26 cars:
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...dary-car-guys/

As far as suspension, the SS (1SS or 2SS) can be equipped with magnetic ride suspension. Say all you want about leaf springs but the Camaro and Corvette do very well against the euro cars in handling.

Like mentioned before, the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 lay down some amazing track times and handling numbers considering how much they weigh. Just because something doesn't have the latest and greatest technology doesn't mean it isn't going to do the same job well.
Appreciate 1