sammyj
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Some random thoughts...

* Whatever product left a film on your glass has probably also left the same film on the rest of the car (unless it too was removed at a later step). Do you think you know what that was?
* I haven't tried it yet, it's winter, but this coming summer I'm planning to have a small bucket with some "rags to riches" in it that I'll toss the MF's into right away after use. I'm hoping that'll help pre-clean them some. Hmm I just noticed you were wondering about drying them so I guess never mind that. I've always just chucked them in the dryer and haven't noticed any issues, after a dozen times and counting they still feel soft. Maybe I'm lucky that the dryer isn't super hot.
* I don't have any Ryobi stuff but was considering a battery pressure washer. Is it worth it over a normal nozzle on a hose? I do have really good water pressure to start with so that could be a factor form one person to another.
* I've been on the fence about a foam sprayer as well. I'm skeptical how much pre-cleaning any foam will actually do, but do like the idea of soaping up the whole car fairly quickly. But yeah, drying could be a thing if you aren't fast enough. I may just stick with washing 1/4 to 1/3 of the car at a time and then rinsing before moving on. I have found a small shot of soap directly on the wash mitt makes it last a really long time and might be good enough.

Thanks for the write-up. Sweet car.
Thanks! I really do like the Ryobi, it’s super portable and just not a lot of setup, but doesn’t have the foaming power that I think I’d want over time. I think eventually, I’ll upgrade to an Active 2.0, unless the next Ryobi can get closer to 1000psi.

Perhaps the film exists on the rest of the car, but I have to say, the car really does look amazing, so I don’t have much of an issue.