08-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #20
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
bloozemanAZ, I'm awaiting my V1 Gen2 on Valentine's upgrade program and it's possible that the thing will arrive during my lifetime (I had a very remarkable and unsatisfactory encounter with what passes for customer service there today, but that's another story).

I've been looking at the BlendMount and I'm tempted to order it. Question: How is your detector wired to power while in that thing? Are you just dangling the cord down to the lighter receptacle? Or did you buy and install the mirror tap?
Bummer on the V1 Gen2 upgrade but my V1 was at the latest release of the firmware so they initially didn't offer an upgrade so I just purchased the Gen2 outright. My plan for the Gen1 is to give it to my son as the Lexus GS430 I passed on to him last December still has the BlendMount in play plus the Savvy (and wiring) all ready to go.

For now I only have the BlendMount itself installed in the M850i Coupe and the Gen2 wired via the 12-volt plug in the center console storage area. Leveraging the flat wire from Valentine I have it exiting under the right "door" of the console storage and tucked underneath the the leather on the right hand side the overall console right up to about the 10 inches of exposed wiring to the detector.

I did purchase a MirrorTap but I'll either need somebody to blaze that path in an 8-series or convince my dealer to install it. This will end up in a more finished look with only 4 to 5 inches of exposed wiring being top down vs bottom up. However, the current install meets my needs so I'm just biding my time on the path forward for the MirrorTap.
Appreciate 1