View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #181
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I am pretty happy with the quality of the M8 interior. In terms of quality a step up from our $135k E63s.
That car still sported a good amount of plastic even though it was decked out.

The question wether it's pretty or different enough is a personal taste question.
I like Mercedes interiors but the M8 interior is solid as well.

Not sure why everyone is looking for something dramatically different for the 8 or demands "exotic interiors" just because the car is more expensive.

A $230K AMG S65 had more or less the same interior as a $135k S560 when spec'd with exclusive Nappa. Nobody complainted about that.
However, the complaints appear to be less that the M8 has the same interior as an 840i but that it basically has the same interior layout as a 1 series, just with nicer materials.

Maybe the problem is that BMW has nailed the interior design in the G chassis and there is not a lot of reason to depart from that (let's see what the I4 will do).

Also, I think it is not realistic when people complain that "the 4 has the same interior as the 3" or "the M3 will have the same interior as a regular 3", that's just industry standard. Whether or not the new Mercedes A class interior looks similar to the S63 I cannot say for lack of interest.
Appreciate 0