02-10-2024, 07:37 PM   #60
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
all of those are great cars, but none of them really wow anybody when you see one on the road or have been mentioned as a "supercar" before. Like I said earlier, my Tesla has ruined me when it comes to ICE cars when it comes to pure acceleration and torque, so at this point, I think my mind is set on a car that hits me emotionally when you just come out to the garage and see it.

My budget is about $75K tops which unlocks a lot of great cars these days, but I think it just goes back to my fist love, the mid engine icon that stole my heart as kid, the iconic NSX....The R8 picked up where the original NSX left off and became kinda like what the NSX should have evolved into....and right now, you can get a much better value in a 30K mile V8 manual R8 then you can get with the the original NSX these days....I found this video interesting while researching the gen 1 R8 and you can just tell by both guys reaction and body language immediately what car gives him more satisfaction. Was lucky enough to have three different NSX's over the last 20+ years and miss them dearly...I think the R8 will bring that emotional attachment that I had with the original NSX but a bit of a step up and completley different, yet very similar at the same time. I've recently decided to forget about all the other cars I mentioned and just focus on hunting down a gated manual R8

Different strokes for different folks I guess. The R8 was super common and was always the cut rate Gallardo, so they never really did anything for me. A viper has 1000x more presence and wow factor than an R8, they were/are everywhere in FL.

If you want a first gen NSX, absolutely get one of those. You won't lose a dime on it.
Appreciate 0