View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 08:45 AM   #35
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Interesting thread with lots of great advice without anyone being a dick. Kind of in a similar situation but its not about affordability for me. Im cross shopping the E63s estate, RS7 and now a few others, X5M, S5 sportback to try and get a newer tech car for less money. Ive always done long terms on my auto loans, but the interest rate has been less than 2.5%. In my opinion, thats really the key. A low interest rate you're making a large contribution towards your principal to keep ahead of depreciation. Also, if you're looking at a 2016 thats two years old, look at what the 2014s, if the model didnt change and see what they've depreciated. Remember, if that car changed as far as LCI/facelifts etc, you have to equate that into the depreciation. By doing this, you can somewhat predict what you need to contribute towards the purchase, what price point you need to buy the car at and what you need to be paying monthly towards the principal. I have yet to be "upside down" in a vehicle and all of them have been 72 months terms.