07-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #17
m235iMike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i, 94 Supra, 03 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
You'll love the a7RIII. It'll absolutely blow your old 60D into the weeds.

I'm using the Metabones EF-to-E T-adapter MkV with good results. B&H has 170-reviews of the MC-11, which run the full gamut.

The story sounds similar to my experience with EF L-series lenses on my a9 and a7RIII. Nothing beat the native G-Master Sony lenses. None of the adapters provide all of the focus modes that you get with the GM lenses. I use various "Lock-on" AF modes that aren't available with the EF lenses on ANY body. I continue to use my EF 14mm f/2.8L II, because it's a great ultra-wide and AF is just not an issue for its usage.

If you've got some great L-series lenses, like a macro, or like my ultra-wide, you'll be happy with the adapter. However, don't buy that incredible body without at least one GM lens. The Lock-on AF is amazing, as is eye-detect, which you only get with the Sony lenses.

I dont own any L lenses. $$ is tight but I do own a sigma 18-35mm Art lens for the canon. I have been reading and watching videos showing that with the mc-11 adapter, most of the Focus ones work when you update the software on the lens and adapter. Even the Eye-af works which seems to be amazing from videos i have seen.