Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
I think I'm sold on the Sony. I've read that they are all in on the mirrorless game and looking to invest 3billion by 2021 which could pave the way for some nice innovations. I love the Canon ecosystem but their product line hasn't expanded into anything mind blowing in years.

I went and held the Sony A7R3 at a local shop the other day and I like the feel and size more compared to the 5DMK4.
For a Canon shooter, the controls of the a9 and a7RIII fall readily to hand (fingers). In manual mode, SS is set by a horizontal wheel at the back, top right, aperture is set by wheel at the front, top right and ISO is set with the vertical control wheel on the back. Als0, seeing the exposure change in the EVF makes Manual shooting so much easier. There's no excuse for a grossly under or over-exposed shot.

The AF is so good that it literally feels like "cheating" vs. the Canon. Oh, and the files of the a7RIII are stunning. The extra dynamic range is obvious when you shoot in conditions where DR is high.