View Single Post
      03-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #70
Westsider45
draught tolerant
Rep
Drives: '17 C63 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
enclosed vehicle transport ... used them once with enclosed trailer and they were great but not cheap
I second EVT. Any enclosed transporter that isn't grossly incompetent (that could be a big assumption, given the industry's reputation...) should be okay.

I heard horror stories about grime/fly/etc-encrusted vehicles showing up at the point of delivery due to having been shipped in an open-carrier, so I didn't even consider that route. I replaced my beloved del Sol 5MT with an Element AWD 5MT - the only '05 EX with <60K miles of which was located in SW PA. Given that EVT is based in Philly, had good Google/Yelp/other non-shipper-owned website reviews, and wasn't much different than DAS' quote, made them the most logical choice for me, then also taking the first-time shipping leap.

Their late-day phone call-answering, and general family-style friendliness was a nice bonus, so I would recommend them if you want to have some hope that the people shipping your car aren't tatted-up ex cons who have some friends who'd love to get their hands on a nice F80 cat or two...
'07 G35 sedan Sport 6MT - tail happy
'94 del Sol Si 5MT - sweet shifter
Appreciate 0