View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 10:54 PM   #8
chador
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC Competition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Ummm, naaaaah—this isn't an investment or sensible choice, it's a luxury item so equip it as you see fit... that's my mental model. Of course, you're absolutely correct that this approach is likely in opposition of best deal but that doesn't mean you can't have your cake and eat it—just don't expect to be paying peanuts (I think I could've squeezed maybe 2 more mixed metaphors in there).

// EDIT: subjectively: I do agree on the CC brakes--too darned expensive to replace and of limited actual use (plus they're appalling when cold).
Well, I don't think I did a good job of explaining myself. My point was that the car I ended up ordering is going to be a very common build. I did not do this for any specific reason, it just so happened to be the build I wanted. I am making the statement that my build for the GC is common based on current inventory in Los Angeles among dealers for the Coupe. Dravit Gray with Silverstone interior seems to be a very popular combination. I also ordered my car with no deposits or guarantees - my dealer knew my lease would be up and he had an allotment, so I threw in the order. If we can't come to terms on the car with him, I know every other dealer in town is going to have a near similar model in the inventory anyways. This car will be at the port in 5 days and my lease isn't even due until end of April - also something my dealer is aware of. So I have time to wait for other dealers to get their deliveries.

Additionally, I dont think this car is selling well. I don't know about other markets, but there are over 100 M8s within 15 miles of me. Some of the biggest dealers in town have listed the same inventory for weeks with no change. This car is expensive, its not moving well.
Appreciate 0