Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1403 View Post
The last thing I would do is to go to a dealer for collision work. Dealers usually don't have collision shops and most of them outsource body work to local shops that give them the highest returns.

OP: I'd find a collision center with a reputation for doing high quality, factory-spec work in your area. Being BMW authorized is a plus but I wouldn't rely on that to judge the quality of work. See if you can go to the shop beforehand and judge the quality of their repairs. Check to see if the peel and color match on repainted areas, gaps are consistent, that there's no fisheye, overspray, dust contamination, runs, wetsand marks, etc. Observe how clean and organized the shop is, what kind of equipment they have, what kind of cars are there. Looks like your car is Dravit? That's going to be tricky for a most shops to match. I'm confident my shop here in NY would be able to do it but I'm sure there has to be a couple decent shops in the Bay Area.
My dealer has a collision center and I’d say most do. I get your point though, for any mechanical work I’d only feel comfortable going to a BMW dealership. Collision repair is another story. As I said the dealership I bought my car at has a collision center and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them.
Appreciate 1
Alarmin511.00