View Single Post
      04-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #17
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I stand corrected! While I wouldn't consider a MT for my work vehicle; and I think ACC/DRCC with the manual is handicapped by being limited to a single gear at a time; you are correct and it is I whom is mistaken. Touché and thank you.
No worries. I only know about this because I was researching the 2019 Corolla Hatchback as my daily. I would have purchased the SE model with the manual. What turned me off was the small trunk which required me to drop the rear seats if I wanted to haul anything of a decent size.

The quirks with DRCC and with the manual are understandable and I would have put up with it to gain back a manual trans in my stable of cars.

As an aside, the 12th gen Corolla Hatchback has a hybrid CVT. The CVT has a physical 1st gear they call a launch gear. So it might be worth considering along with the ability to have the full speed DRCC feature.
Appreciate 0