Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I was planning on getting into an M2 via the ED program in 2.5-3 yrs from now. I have been dreaming about Euro delivery for 10 yrs now.

Well just my luck. ED got canned and M2 production is moving to viva la Mexico.

BMW is quite the enthusiast brand isn't it.
When compared to their direct competition......yes, yes they are. Manual transmissions, track days/events, sporty handling cars, an in-house modification/tuner option, etc.
Haha. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Manuals are all but gone

Sporty handling? Good one. There are many better handling cars out there these day and they are less expensive

In house tuner? Do you mean ///M? It's a shell of its formal glory. They are good at making emblems though

Do you work a side gig for BMW? Your quite the apologist.
What do Mercedes, Audi or Lexus offer that rivals what I stated? Neither offer manuals. It doesn't matter how YOU personally feel about them. Manuals are loved by enthusiasts and BMW is the only manufacturer in its category that offers them. Neither of the above stated manufacturers offer anything like BMW's tracks days/events at either Performance Center. Neither of the above stated manufacturers have anything really akin to M-Performance (...tunes, exhausts, coilover suspensions, springs, stylized aero parts, interior upgrades, etc.). How you feel about the worth of M-Performance is irrelevant. It's still in-house tuning options for a BMW buyer. If you're disenchanted with BMW, that's your prerogative, but to act like the competition is more enthusiast focused than BMW is disingenuous.
I think they are all the same coin at this point and Audi offers performance driving schools/track days as I have a friend that has done it multiple times with R8s.

Your beloved Manual will be gone from BMW land in a few years then what? Will you still be sticking up for them?

FYI this is a thread about The cancellation of ED. So yes I'm "disenfranchised" as a veteran of multiple EDs. It's just another thing that set them apart that they have ruined/cancelled.

Enjoy your bugs bunny ///M
Appreciate 2
tszene137.00
stein_325i25083.00