Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3AN View Post
Hey guys, I just sold my E92 M3 and looking for something not quite a pristine, something I can have a little fun with, maybe take to some track days, do a little tinkering etc....

I'm really leaning towards an 04-06 E46 M3 but have way thinking about a 2002-04 Porsche 911 4S but I know literally nothing about these cars. Any thoughts?
don't listen to people who knock the 996...it's a great buy when it comes to Porsches and still is a fantastic performance car.

the 996 C4s, in particular is a great car....just be VERY careful buying one. Don't buy one with low-mileage, because it is far more likely to break from not being used for several years. Your best bet is to buy one with some miles on it.

I was considering buying a V2 996 C4S before deciding on getting a 135is....but just make sure you get a Porsche Pre-Purchase inspection before you even think of buying one. If you buy one with a lot of issues (like the RMS/IMS engine bearing issues), you are looking at thousands of dollars in repairs immediately.

good luck!
Appreciate 0