06-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
bloozemanAZ your musical heritage is a rich tapestry with a high thread count!

My question, is that you on the album cover of Turn of the Screw? Obviously the young lad....
Definitely not me as in 1989 I was in my early 20s and had hair down to my waist. However, the rich tapestry (love the high thread count analogy) still lives on as I still meet up with Warren and George a couple of times a year to see an up and coming band they are dialed into. George owns a couple of studios (one here in Phoenix and another in CA) so he's usually the instigator of the get together given the bands we see have done some recording in them.

I just love the opportunity to hang out with both of them as they are a couple of my guitar gods although both are extremely modest and do not view themselves as such. Of course the first hour of any get together includes both of them peppering me we "how's the IT world?", "getting bored with that career?", "you're wasting your talent away", etc. However, in reality they understand the decision I made career wise as they both understand if you can make a living via a passion in life (music or technology for me) you are absolutely blessed. In other words technically you are actually not working but rather pursuing that passion with a paycheck to boot.

Sadly with COVID-19 I do not see a get together on the horizon whatsoever for 2020. Generally that means a trip to LA or Austin (their music scene squelches LA for the most part) and that is just not in the cards for now. Fingers crossed that in Q4 we are back to some level of normalcy and I'll have the opportunity to see an up and coming band plus hang out with my heroes.
Appreciate 0