View Single Post
      10-01-2023, 07:40 AM   #81
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forethat View Post
If you can't deal with the 1% who actually provide an objective and detailed view of the conditions and requirements leading up to their choice of vehicle (which accidentally was one of the questions raised by OP), don't read.

Having said that, my opinion on this matter and answers to those questions can be found here:
https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=68

The truth is that there's only ONE troll here, and that's OP. He's initiated this debate by insulting and accusing others of lying by making up their reasons for not buying a particular vehicle. How this poster can be seen as anything but a troll is beyond belief. And now you're doing exactly the same thing by providing absolutely not a single hint of input that touches on the actual topic? Goodness...

Let's start over (note that I'll now use the same tone as when I speak to a child): No, I wasn't lying when I said I opted for the 840i simply because it met every single requirement I had for its purpose. Yes, I can afford an M8. No, the M8 wouldn't meet my requirements. No, I am not jealous of those who own an M8. No, I don't drive as if I'm on a racetrack during the school run. No, I have no need for an M8, and if I did I'll just spec one and hand the sales guy my debit card. Yes, I actually exist. Yes, I like fast cars and for that purpose, I own a Vantage V12. No, I don't need to post photos of my cars to feel admired. Yes, I can understand that owners of an M8 think it's a great car. No, I have no interest in reading build threads on BMW-forums and think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. But if you do, have at it.

So Yes, there are trolls here. Only not where you seem to think they are. Have another look.
Not sure if you think I was calling you out as the troll…..I wasn’t! It was the OP.

Like you the 840 was my choice after test driving that and an 850. Simply didn’t see the need for the 850 for what I use a car for.

My Honda Blackbird gives me all the thrills i need when I feel the urge..which isn’t very often!
Appreciate 0