11-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #31
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post

Actually, it was oil starvation! I heard a knock from the motor (which of course the shop foreman told me it's supercharger belt slap.. Sure...) and what do you know, they replace S/C and the noise is there still. 2nd thing, they go to replace the motor finally and then say "it doesn't look like you have changed the oil, since there was NO oil in the car" "the engine bill might have to be covered by you since Jaguar thinks it wasn't maintained"... wow, what a scare that was. But no, they approved it and replaced it. It's been in the shop since 9/5.. still haven't seen the car. I think when I filed for lemon law, they are just fixing absolutely everything now. Since they put the motor in, they have replaced something with crossbolts (holds the motor or something), wheel bearings, brake pads, exhaust system, C02 sensor and a bunch of other stuff. I think once I filed, they probably had a higher-up probably call and say "Fix everything since it's going to be a lemon" LOL.

I didn't post about it, since I just wanted to move on to the next car. It also slipped my mind haha!
I know this post is a bit stale... but, what? Did you actually let the engine get so low on oil that it had oil starvation?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0