Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
1. Yes, I custom ordered Oakley Prisim that are specifically designed for that. they are all the benefits of polarized, but not polar, so you can see the FULL HUD on the m850i convertible with full sun or night. They work amazing well, and I attached my 2 pairs below.

2. You can code a smart button. I think I use 1-3 for XM, 4-6 is for CarPlay functionality, and 7 or 8 is tire pressure and display function.
I think I have 5 for apple maps, 6 for amazon music, and I think 4 is carplay/iPhone.

3. I've never plugged it in, but I use the wireless charger for my iPhone and it still works for CarPlay.
if my phone is fully charged, or I'm going on a short trip, I'll also put the display Key in the wireless charger. it will key charge in the bay.

4. Yes, it's a button on the display key. or you can hold the unlock on a regular key fob.
also, if you get Ben to code it, you can open the door and still raise and lower the roof. Otherwise, the roof will stop when you open or close a door.
Not looking to replace my Oakley's as they are truly polarized and make a huge difference here in the AZ sun but thanks for the reference on the non-polarized for future reference. That said I'm curious as to your #6 setting, i.e., Amazon Music. How does that work? I'm assuming that sets audio input to Amazon Music streaming from you phone. Or is Amazon Music a supported Car Play app and just dials it into that app specifically?
I have no idea which Oakley's you have, but since you're in a coupe and don't need to see the HUD; you might seriously look at the new Prizm Polar ones. even just the Prism is a big upgrade from my Maui Jim Polarized glasses. and light years beyond any basic sunglasses. I imagine the Polarized Prizm would be even better with filtering and color depth.

https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product...t=888392279958
Appreciate 0