Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacegrayMe90 View Post
Thanks for the chiming in with some good advice guys. I really appreciate it. Your insight has me rethinking my approach. I was leaning more to the no monthly payments side, with the hopes of maybe finding a reliable vehicle within my budget. But with my budget most of the vehicles of interest will be at about the 100K mileage range. Maintenance issues is now definitely at the forefront of my mind.

I'm probably going to swing by the dealerships this weekend to see what promotions they are running.

Question, I have never leased a vehicle before, I have always purchased. Are there any negatives in deciding to go with a 0 down lease?

No negatives, your monthly payment could be higher depending upon how the numbers works... leasing is about residuals, money factors and the net sales price of the car, future buyout.

If you can find something that has great residual over x amount of months, work for a fair net sells price/ money factor. It can often times be like you put money down or better.

As some others have said, avoid putting money down on a lease. Unless its for taxes or things of that nature, or MSD aka: anything in which you get that money back at the end of the lease, I don't know how many manufacturers have a program like that.
Appreciate 0