03-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #48
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesurge View Post
You guys do realize that production worldwide is only 2500 cars per year right? Between the collectors, the Alfisti and those looking for a nicer alternative to the Elise, I don't foresee the 4C sitting around on dealer lots for very long.

It's a low-production specialty halo car, not a volume seller in the likes of the Cayman. The real test will be when the Giulia comes to market; the 4C just sets the appropriate brand positioning and values to enable the Giulia to be seen as a proper A4/C/3-fighter, rather than the sub-premium realm which Alfa has sunk to over the past decade.
That's not a terribly low volume projection, that would make it more popular than the S54 Z3 M Coupe, the Z4 M Coupe and the same as the 1M Coupe.

The Elise/Exige even with more power and less weight were cheaper than the rumored $80k range and never sold near those volumes. Selling a four cylinder car for the same money that you can get a Z06, M5 or optioned Cayman S will not be easy for a brand that frankly has a lot to prove.

I'd be doing my homework on where and how to put a deposit down on a manual 4C for $55-$60k, but at $80k+ and two pedals only, I have absolutely no interest. If I were willing to spend that much money I don't think I'd consider it compared to what else is available. Frankly, the likely short term solution of using Ferrari/Maserati dealers for service is also a huge negative for me.
Appreciate 0