06-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #32
Majec9-7
Enlisted Member
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: '07 E87 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mposter View Post
Instead of glasses, design the cars to be worked on, and design them to last more than 50,000 miles.
What the hell are you people doing with your cars? There is no way that with proper care and normal driving BMWs wouldn't last 50k miles before breaking in some major fashion. Proper care means taking the car to official service regulary (as is advised or when the car notifies you you should do it). Normal driving still means you can drive fast around corners and push it hard at times, pretty much only thing you shouldn't do is rev it high when the engine is still cold, too much sharp downshifts and driving fast over big potholes or a really bumpy road. Follow these instructions and the car should drive fine.

Our family has had many BMWs in the past and they never broke down. The worst we've had was a faulty left door alarm sensor in F33, a small piece of broken plastic in F33, E90s battery once went dead (not sure if one time thing or if the battery had to be replaced), G32 had some problems with calibrating the moonroof cover and E70 was sold earlier because they didn't design it in a way that would allow to check the chain condition (sold it with 120k miles). So that would mean that less than half our BMWs had problems.

There's a saying where I live and I'll modify it a little so it applies better: One fool can ruin a thing more easily than 10 smart men can foolproof it.
Appreciate 2
Yeru210.50
F15GorDe261.00