View Single Post
      08-13-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
I have zero Bluetooth lag on my 2020 M850i which was updated back in 2021 with the Android Auto add. I've used AA a few times primarily for Google maps when the BMW nav failed to get me to a location but haven't needed to do so in a year plus since with recent BMW map updates.

On the Bluetooth side I've taken a few rare meetings in the car via Teams and it streamed the Bluetooth perfectly. Normally I won't take a call period while in the car. On the music front it's either my SSD loaded with FLAC albums in the console via USBC or SiriusXM. However, I do use Amazon Music and their HD/Ultra HD so have some albums downloaded to my cellphone that I don't have in my personal catalog. It's not an AA supported app so when playing those albums in the car it is pure Bluetooth streaming and works flawlessly (3X better than Sirius but not an equivalent to the SSD).

Like Tenac said it may be spotty cell coverage vs the Bluetooth. One thing to try which solved my spotty Bluetooth on an iD7 older release in which the phone didn't connect to the car was rebooting iDrive. Long press on the volume button for about 30 seconds. Screen should shut off (keep holding) until it starts back up. Hopefully that will fix it for you.
Appreciate 0