Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
I think basically all .22 and .22lr rifles are non restricted. All shotguns are basically non restricted to. SKS is non restricted. Some interesting pieces that are non restricted is the IWI X95 Tactical rife and Type 97 Norinco. I also believe all bolt action and lever action rifles are non restricted. CZ Scorpion with the long barrel is non restricted but the short barrel is restricted. It's a mix of what they look like, and certain barrel lenghts, not 100% sure.

Also to get your licence you first have to do one full day course for each class. So like my restricted licences had to take 2 full day firearm safety courses mandated by Canada federally. Before being able to apply for your firearm acquisition and possession licence.
So, if vetted to own and operate a restricted firearm, can that person utilize the firearm to protect themselves (self defence) in the event of a break in whilst in their home?

What about non-restricted firearms? You noted that you cannot discharge them on your property. If licensed to own a restricted firearm, can you utilize it for self defence within your home?