View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #42
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
Americans tend to like a hero story. F1 seems to be driven by computerized drivers. So in the end, if you can't relate to who is doing the actual driving, it's difficult to get into - like watching a computer game (at least from the Americans standpoint). Europeans like F1 for almost the opposite reason because they see F1 as the ultimate expression of automotive technology that Europeans have to offer to the world regardless of the drivers.
imho this couldnt be further from the truth, but your opinion/the american sentiment is probably based upon that the US has brought virtually no succesful F1 drivers and therefore you have no feel for it.
Mario Andretti is the only 1 I can think of and that was over 40 years ago. His son failed miserably on his attempt which shows that F1 is from a drivers pov quite a step up from indy cars (the other way around seems to be more chance of succes: F1 drivers that retire/switch to indycar).

But on the subject of hero storys vs computerized drivers: who do you think these guys are cheering for?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-09-2019 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0