Thread: AC Issues ??
View Single Post
      07-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #117
HHGClark
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7, 2020 M8, 2020 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I want to clarify that we seem to have 2 different AC issues at hand.

One appears to be a complete compressor failure with no AC working and the other is a randomly working one.

Ours works like a few others have mentioned; when working the air comes out cold (AC) or normal to warm while operating (switching back/forth). This normalizes when set to 68 degrees or lower and then just blow cold.
Stop the car for even a minute or two; the AC will not work whatsoever or it may.

I was told that the evaporator is freezing up due to some software issue. While I believe it is software due to the random behavior I think it has nothing to do with the evaporator. Hard to believe it would freeze up in a minute to two...
Likely this is all a software problem (probably some conditional logic which seems to be BMW's specialty).
Our compressor was tested good...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll close the deal and handle it when it gets here. If it works great. If not I have a pretty good dealer that will take care of it. It’ll just be hard not to have it when it’s brand new. If I knew it could get fixed before I get my hands on it, it’d be easier to wait.
Appreciate 1