View Single Post
      02-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #7
ashandger
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
I had assumed that since the button on the side of the headrest releases/engages the forward back movement (3 potential positions) which I had been adjusting while driving to find the perfect setting for me. I had tried to manually raise the headrest as well (while stopped at a light) but no go so assumed they were fixed.

However, you are indeed correct that the headrest will also raise/lower but just discovered that is done via the power seat controls. It's the same vertical control bar that manipulates the seat back's reclining position via forward/back but to raise/lower the headrest it is an up/down motion. Had that same control on my Lexus sports sedan for its seat back position so figured that's all it did (the Lexus' headrest controls were all manual so assumed the same given the button for forward/back of the headrest in the M850i).

Considering I spent days dialing in the B&W equalizer settings and finding the right surround logic mode for my high resolution FLAC audio it's a bit embarrassing I couldn't even get the seat controls figured out. Then again I'm an audiophile and did a FLAC sourced comparison against the stock H&K vs B&W in some dealer spec cars before placing my order so my priorities on learning the controls (outside of dialing in my Sport Individual settings) were appropriate.
Would it be possible for you to share your thoughts on the major differences you observed between the HK and B&W systems? Many thanks
Appreciate 0