View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #10
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Thanks everyone for your input. I have read tons about these cars myself and definitely a lot of horror stories but also the consensus appears to be that the new aluminum body styles have improved ton. I have few dealers around including one 30 mins away so I decided to go for some test drives. I ended up driving two of them, a 2014 black one that had 70k miles (HSE model w/ Meridian sound system), price is 29k and a 2014 gray one with only 40k miles but it was the SE base model w/ base sound system, price around 35k I believe. First impression was great. I loved the seating position and loved the meridian sound system (the base car and base sound system sucked bad). The ride was smooth, the 6 cylinder felt enough (and I definitely don't need another v8 right now). What I was most impressed with was how luxurious and functional everything felt. It was obvious to me that they wanted the driver to feel like in a "cockpit" setting, specially having those functional arm rest on both sides where I could lay my elbows. I also sat in a fully loaded 1 owner, 2016 Black one that had only 18k miles and wow, it was Mint! They wanted 43k for this one. My budget was around 30-35k, but it looks like I may need to go 35k-40k for good one. I'll keep you posted... I'm in a middle of a home renovation that likely will last for another couple months but will likely pull the trigger one soon after. Thanks again for all the input....