View Single Post
      03-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
M8 Convertible as daily driver?

For various reasons my current car, a Range Rover Autobiography, will be leaving my garage soon. I took a brief break from BMW, after having (and loving) various cars including i3s, M3 (conv), M4 (conv), 335is (conv), X5M, X6, X6M, X7.

I miss having a convertible, but we bought the Rover for a regular ~3 hour drive we have to do. It's usually two of us, and two smaller dogs that have "princess chairs" on the back seat, and a small amount of luggage.

The Rover is just not fun to drive. It's dull, and floaty, but comfortable. My SO complained about the noise in the M4 (with an Akro. exhaust, admittedly) and the dogs complained about the lack of space in the 911 convertible with the wind deflector up.

All this "1st world problem" blah blah is the setup for this question - will I find an M8 or M8 Competition convertible a decent all-rounder? Fun to drive, comfortable enough the rest of the family won't complain so will actually travel in it, and practical enough to be my year-round primary car?

I'm basically shortlisted back to an X5M or an 8er convertible at this point, but haven't not had an SUV for some years.
Appreciate 0